The role of service design in business transformation
In a context with fast-changing customer and employee requirements, new adaptation strategies are necessary for developing effective business models. Service Design is a strategy that places people in the middle and enables a shift from a focus on products to a service-oriented mindset. In the white paper "Shifting Perspectives", Porsche Consulting shows the value of service design in a wide transformation context and gives managers the navigation tools they need for operationalization.
- Today’s world is an experience economy that implies a shift from pure focus on products to service-oriented offerings centered on humans and their everyday needs
- Companies that embrace human-centered design can create lasting competitive advantage and grow their revenue and shareholder value faster than their peers
- The realization requires senior leaders to understand the integrated, system-level role the design must possess to influence strategy at the right time at the highest level
- Service design is a practical approach to operationalize human-centered design across the organization and build a company’s key capabilities of the digital age
- A good first step is to conduct design sprints for important business challenges, also to let leaders experience the benefits at first hand and understand their powerful role